Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving

I love Halloween.  The costumes, the fun, the candy, etc etc etc.  For Halloween we had an AWESOME Halloween party which I NEED to get the pictures off my phone and get  posted.

I love Christmas.  The decorations, the fun, the giving, the family, the spirit, etc etc etc. I can't wait for Christmas and since this year I dont have a ton of money Im attempting at making all my gifts/spending less than $10 on each present.  (Can it be done?! I doubt it) Also Christmas....

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, hold your horses.

Thanksgiving? Is that in there somewhere? According to every store I've been in lately and all of the commercials on television, Thanksgiving has been skipped once again.

I love Thanksgiving.  The family, the cooking, the fun, the FOOD, etc etc etc and hate when it's just skipped over. I REFUSE to watch any Christmas movies before and after Halloween, and before Thanksgiving (I have been known to watch a few Christmas movies in July). It feels that this important holiday is just completely skipped over.

I love Christmas decorations and music as much, if not more, as the next person but I just can't stand it too early.  Right now I cringe when a Christmas commercial comes on and I often change the channel or hit the mute button.  But after Thanksgiving I want EVERY commercial to be a Christmas commercial, and every store to play Christmas music and every house on the block to have lights up. 

Just.
Not.
Yet.

Thanksgiving is one week away... and I cant wait.

My random rant is now over.

"But mother, I'm still hungry.  I'm really, really hungry."  -Rolly 101 Dalmatians



PS Though Thanksgiving is a Dalmatian's FAVORITE holiday (for obvious reasons) all dogs should be carefully watched and monitored around all of the Thanksgiving food.  A lot of food is bad, and even posionous to dogs, so please be careful.   Turkey is also hard for some breeds to digest so please feed in very small portions and carefully monitor your dogs Thanksgiving feast :)

2 comments: